For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 ("Act”), the data controller is WCF Ltd of Crawhall, Brampton, Cumbria CA8 1TN.
What we collect
We may collect the following information about you:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as post codes
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- details of your visits to the Website including traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your internet protocol (IP) address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
What we do with the information we gather
We use the information we hold about you in the following ways:
- to improve our products and services
- we may occasionally send you information about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the contact details you have provided
- to customise the Website according to your interests.
We may disclose your information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if WCF or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions for use of and access to the Website and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property or safety of WCF, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk protection.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure and protected from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration or destruction. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect via the Website.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at the address set out below or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Act. A fee of £10 will be payable per request. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us at the address set out below or by emailing us at email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at the address set out below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will promptly correct the information.
If at any time you wish to be removed from our database, or you no longer wish to receive communications from WCF Ltd, then please contact us at WCF Pet & Equestrian, Old Jam Works, Station Road, Wigton, Cumbria, CA7 9AX or email us at email@example.com.